A Leading provider for online global learning and collaboration platform engaged Diaspark for development of a cloud based product.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A leading provider of online global learning and
collaboration platform engaged Diaspark for
development of a cloud based product.
A leading eLearning education company provides an integrated collaboration and eLearning environment for educational institutions. Its clientele
includes The New York Times Company, SunGard Higher Education, MERLOT, Wimba, and The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS).
The Business Challenges
The client’s existing legacy system was exposed to the increasing demand of a solution that could leverage the capabilities of web 2.0 tools. The
paradigm shift towards an environment that supports online learning, social and professional networking and collaboration coerced the application’s
Diaspark engaged with the client in a multiyear relationship as a trusted product development partner to help them deliver a robust enterprise level web
application. The development followed an offshore-onsite model.
Diaspark’s product engineering services team carried out a detailed study of the legacy application to extract critical features that were essential for the
product to surmount business problems.
Diaspark then migrated the application to a Microsoft approved robust N-Tier architecture for enhanced interoperability, ease in flexibility and product
maintenance. The application was also successfully tested over load runner to achieve the desirable hit load requirement.
The global learning and collaboration environment was empowered with
• Web Portals for individuals, groups, institutions and courses
• Cross university collaboration
• Document Management
• Course management- course announcements, distribution &
• ADA 508, FERPA, SCORM compliant
• Integration of online classroom for offering global learning environment
• Assignments distribution, submission, review and grading
• Knowledge sharing with chat , forum, Wiki & blogs
• Showcase & Publications
• Access to Knowledge Repository
• Learning Matrix, Rubrics
Key Benefits to Client
• Scalable architecture that Supports 2 million users with 500 concurrent
• Seamless transition between user portfolios, courses, and web 2.0
• Facilitates assessors to evaluate student achievements and progress at
• Alerts to keep the students updated about university events and
• Content repository enabling students to access relevant course
API & SSO
Incorporated in New York in 1995, Diaspark Inc. is a leading provider of software services and solutions to businesses ranging from mid-sized to global
enterprises. The company offers Product Engineering, Business Technology, Mobile Applications and IT Consulting Services across Media, Publishing,
Education, Healthcare, Renewable Energy, ISVs, and Online Retail verticals. With quality assessed by CMMI at level 5, and state-of-the-art facilities across
the United States and India, Diaspark’s customers leverage an expertly managed Global Delivery Model to help drive their technology driven business
models from concept to reality.